Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Scared to Death

This past weekend, the bf and I made a last minute trip to the Dallas area, it was so much fun, way too much food, way too many drinks, not enough sleep, but overall lots of fun. Everytime we go on these trips, I know there will be too much eating/drinking and that my friends is not good for the diet, so I've always taken my running gear hoping to get in runs at least half of the time I'm there. The last time we were in Austin, we did get in a hike, but not really a run. This time in Plano, I actually got in a pretty good run, so I was quite happy. Anyway, we finally got back to SA after 6 and I still wanted to get to the gym, but for Memorial Day, the frickin gym closed at 6pm, but hey I guess they need a holiday as well, so the bf and I decided to try out the trails here in San Antonio, knowing they wouldn't be as great as the ones in Plano and for sure nothing like the ones in Austin! It may have something to do with the fact that Austin is ranked as one of the fittest cities and San Antonio is ranked as one of the fattest...hmmm???

So we get to the trail and it seems promising, but after a quarter of a mile, it just stops and I guess that's it, so that ended that. on the way back to the car a frickin SNAKE ran, slithered whatever in front of me!!!! OH.MY.GOD!!!!!! For those of you who dont' know, snakes are my biggest fear, I can't stand them, see them, touch them, not even on magazies, pictures, NOTHING!!! So I freaked out!!!!! I could not even scream, after just air coming out of my mouth, I finally managed to somehoe make out a scream and by then, I was on the other side of my bf trying to catch my breathe, it was so frickin scary!! I just about died, it took forever for me to finally catch my breath and let go of the bf!!

We finally did get in a run, but I know what trail I won't be going back to anytime soon!!! Sheesh!

2 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

that's me with mice/rats. OMG, would DIE if I saw a live one.

Tue May 30, 10:07:00 AM  
Blogger Will Shady said...

Oh man. I hate snakes too. haha. Sheesh!

Thu Jun 01, 03:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home