Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Fine Dining

I forgot to mention all the eating we did while in Austin. That is something about Austin, there are so many "unique" places to eat there, you can never get them all in, in just one weekend.

Friday night we ate Pizza at Frank and Ange's on 6th street and it was of course great!! That of course was followed by drinking on said 6th street, even on 4th street. Saturday morning, none of us work up in time for breakfast so for lunch we headed downtown to eat at Thai Passion. I had some kind of spicy shrimp griller which was of course great and spicy and the place was nice, just a little too quiet. We had eaten a lot at lunch so none of us were really hungry for dinner, so we just had appetizers at Chili's for dinner. Sunday's brunch was just out of this world, we once again went downtown to Zejas, they have the most amazing mimosas to start out with, that followed by a shrimp/guacamole appetizer was just out of this world, I also had their bananna nut muffin which was like no muffin I've ever had before and then the "main" (yes, those were all before my main dish!) course, I ordered "Navajo Eggs" which was scrambled eggs, with spinach, on a "navajo bread". Being a Navajo and knowing how to make and what Navajo bread really is, the "Navajo" bread at this place wasn't really what is it, but it was still good!!! 6 glasses of mimosa later we were all pretty buzzed before 1pm even rolled around. Needless to say that was my last meal in the ATX before heading back to SA later that day.

But like I said earlier, Austin has so many unique places to eat!

2 Comments:

Blogger Will Shady said...

Yup. That is so true. I liked most of the food there. Remember the Shady Grove. That's where I got the name for my blog. Mmm. Mimosas and what's this about Navajo eggs. Ha ha. Funny. I wouldn't mind moving back to Austin.

Thu Mar 23, 01:55:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You just can't get enough of Austin can you? Next Monday you'll be writing about it again won't you...come on you will :) lol

I'm glad you had a good time!

Mon Mar 27, 02:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home