Monday, March 13, 2006

I "heart" Austin, TX

I went to Austin, TX this past weekend. I have a lot of history when is comes to this town. While in college, I used to intern at IBM during the summers and let me tell you, these summers turned out to be a few of the most memorable ones to date.

A few friends who I met my first summer at IBM who also happened to be from New Mexico and Native American to add, would always score an internship as well and so began the long long list of memories we had. We would even go so far as to being roommates with one another or if we weren't roommies we at least lived in the same apartment complex. Anyway just being back in Austin this past weekend brought back a lot of memories, while wasting time, the BF (whom I also met in Austin) and I decided to drive around, so we drove by my former apartment complex (a LOT) of memories came back there, just driving down the street I used to live off of, brought back a lot of memories, driving by the bar where we used to "tear it up!" LOL brought back the memories of way too much tequila, and a long list of long lost phone numbers! It's amazing how much certain things can trigger certain memories, I kept thinking that as we passes stores, ate different places, and just the weather itself returned a whole score of memories.

One things for sure, I wouldn't change one piece of it!

2 Comments:

Blogger Will Shady said...

I have to agree with you on this one. Austin is full of memories and I've always wanted to move back there. Maybe after graduate school. That was one of the best summers I've had to date. I wouldn't mind reliving those days.

Tue Mar 14, 09:50:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's always fun to take a little stroll down memory lane. It helps you see all the things you had forgotten about...all the things you have become too busy to remember. Sounds like you had a great time!

Wed Mar 15, 07:52:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home