Tuesday, February 07, 2006

The Gym Gets Worse and Worse.....

Gym rant ahead....



Okay people I go to the gym on average 5 times a week and most of the time it's right after work, 5ish Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. This is usually the peak time of the gym with all the 8 to 5'ers making it to the gym at this time. I'm an avid runner so my 'cardio' is usually the treadmill which my gym happens to have more than enough of . Anyway that's not the point of my post, the point of my post are the people at the gym. I run for about an hour on the treadmill so I'm what you could label a serious runner and I'm not talking a 10 minute mile I average about 7 miles an hour, average that is. What bothers me is the haters out there. I admit I used to be pretty overweight but I woke up and did something about it, what bothers me are the women, not all of them, but the ones who go to the gym, but don't go to the gym to workout. There is a group of women who need to get serious about their workout, to put it nicely. They get on the treadmill, talk about other people to one another, talk on their cell phone, rudely and loudly, just painfully disruptive they are the type that put make up on before heading out of the locker room! I wouldn't care less about them but they ridicule people at the gym who are trying to better themselves, I know because I see them on a regular basis and they are seriously making an effort, these other girls I see only once or twice a week. What finally irked me is I heard them gossiping about me and how I looked, it's like yeah let's see your asses run 7 miles and see what you look like afterwards! And let's just say running would do them good! I mean I'm not talking about all overweight women because I seriously do see some there who are serious and I'm rooting for them to succeed!

I don't understand people like this. They are your average overweight women who think they are the shit. They dress like they are a size 4, when really they're more likely to only be able to shop at Lane Byrant and they think every single guy is intersted in them. I mean is their self esteem so inflated that they actually believe this??? *Sigh* It's becoming the norm out here in San Antonio, someone please explain it to me!

5 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

ewww, freaking biaches!!! I HATE that. I don't even make eye contact with anyone or talk to anyone while at the gym. I'm there to get something done and no time for bull$hit. ya know.

Tue Feb 07, 09:39:00 AM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

For some people the gym is just a social hour. They don't care about getting healthy, they're trying to pick up guys. Pisses me off too.

Wed Feb 08, 02:48:00 AM  
Blogger Mr. Khurram said...

People like these 're everywhere in every Gym. I see them everyday wastin' their time 'n' disturbin' others. Hope you 'r doin' good. *Smiles*

God bless you....

Wed Feb 08, 07:01:00 PM  
Blogger j said...

i hear you loud and clear. i hate gym snobs who wear like flourescent and skin-tight outfits, never break a sweat, and just stare at themselves in the mirror the whole time.

Wed Feb 08, 10:00:00 PM  
Blogger Will Shady said...

Dang girl. That's sucks ass. Just throw down with them in the parking lot, slash their tires. All ghetto. Ha ha. I'm playin'. Just don't you mind and they will get what's coming to them. Maybe you should listen to some music, an ipod nano.

Shady

Thu Feb 09, 10:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home