Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Nuevo Laredo

Hey All, it's been a whole week since I've updated this puppy! My weekend went pretty well. The bf and I went to Nuevo Laredo, Mexico! Yes the one you hear about in the news. If you haven't heard anything in the news, here's the skinny. Apparently there is a huge drug war going on there right now. Here's how bad it is, the new police chief was shot dead within a hour of taking the position in front of the police station!!! But we went anyway, come on now, I did move from Las Cruces, NM which is right by El Paso, TX so I was a regular in Juarez, MX LOL But I have to admit I did have my reservations about going, but I went anyway. It wasn't what I thought, I guess with all the bad news that I've read about that place, I expected it to look like the worst part of LA, but it was actually nice! We walked around (close to the border) and took in scenary, had a beer at a bar and I scored some tequila for such a great price, I felt like I was stealing it!! But I'm glad to say I made it back across the border, back to the safe land! When we made the drive back up here to San Antonio, we went to a birthday party where there was a Margarita machine and then drank at my house for a bit, the last thing I took was a shot of Presidente, which I also bought in Mexico and that was it for me! That shot knocked me out! But it was a fun time!

On Sunday I watched the Steelers win! Yeah! Go Steelers, I'm a huge Steelers fan, so I may have to have a Superbowl party!! Hmmm I guess it's a good thing I got Tequila now that I think of it.....

But other than that, my life has been as routine as usual except for all the stuffiness that is in my head right now! I so wish I could down some Thera-Flu and hide under my covers, but here I sit at work!

2 Comments:

Blogger Will Shady said...

You're crazy. I wouldn't have gone. I don't know how many times I had close calls in Juarez with the corrupt cops who want all your money. Good thing I spent all of my $20 every night and all they had to look into was an empty wallet. I wasn't sprayed with pepper spray though. Anyways, go Steelers! Tequila is deadly to me.

Thu Jan 26, 01:54:00 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

I cannot believe that you went down there anyways. You are crazy!lol.

Sun Jan 29, 07:14:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home