Thursday, December 15, 2005

Barely Thursday!

Is this the longest week ever or what!! The funny thing is, I really don't have plans for the weekend, I guess I'm just ready for the holidays! In exactly one week I will be heading home to New Mexico! I can't wait, I have a brand new nephew who I've yet to meet! The anticipation of going home could be what's causing time to almost stand still.

Last night, I went to watch "King Kong" and despite not seeing the first "editions" this movie was great! The only problem that I had was the theatre that I went to see it at. It appears that being in San Antonio has placed me right smack in the middle of Spanish Harlem for lack of better terms. I mean the people sitting behind us continuely answered their cell phone, repeating "pelicula" (movie in spanish) and the guy down the row (Note: they were one big group) looked like he just left his 40 on the porch, he was complete with of course his "wife beater" tank top, yeah, in the middle of December, I wouldn't be nagging on this guy, but he felt the need to talk loudly, in Spanish, during the entire movie, my guess is he was translating and to top it all off, their kids kept kicking the back of our seats!!!!

Despite all that and the million of people who let their kids run wild in a theatre it was a pretty good movie. We got our tub of popcorn and Diet Dr Pepper to even it out and I made it through the entire intermission free 3 hour movie without yelling at anyone!

1 Comments:

Blogger Will Shady said...

That sucks. I watched King Kong last night also, but at the theaters at Cottonwood Mall. The movie was great and so was the atmosphere. I hope next week goes by quickly for you. Laterz. Shady Shady Days.

Fri Dec 16, 02:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home