Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Secret Visitors

I got back to San Antonio on Sunday night, my plane was actually ontime, early even, but it was still a late flight, so I didn't get home until after 11pm, Monday I was so tired at work and by the time I left the gym I had a headache, so after forcing myself to unpack I took Excedrin PM and was ready to call it a night. And of course when your ready to go to bed your phone will ALWAYS ring, it was my sister who had dropped me off at the airport in NM, basically she just wanted to chit chat, after telling her I was tired and I'd call her back the next day I fell asleep, around 3am I woke up and had missed calls/voicemails, so I checked them, it turned out that she and another one of my sisters drove into San Antonio to surprise me!! It was such a great surprise, I came into work on yesterday and took off after lunch to spend the day with them.

One of the sisters lives back in Las Cruces, NM where I moved from and the other was home from Virginia, so it was so nice to have them out here, they are the first of my family to visit me here. I took them out to lunch at the infamous "Freebirds" and of course they loved it! We went to the Riverwalk, walked around, took the Boat tour, it was such a great time. We went to the Alamo and they both were shocked how small it was! The heat was terrible though, I've adjusted to it, but I felt so bad for them, they were both dying!! One of them is a huge Spurs fan so of course, she bought a jersey and we went out with the bf to watch the Spurs lose last night, then we hit the night life on the Riverwalk just so they could go out and have a good time. In the end the whole thing was a perfect success. I just got done having lunch with both of them, unfortunately they just left, but it was so much fun while it lasted!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Will Shady said...

It sounds like fun. I always enjoy family in town. Hopefully, I'll have some visitors while I'm in Las Cruces. That sounds like a lot of fun though. Freebirds, the Alamo, the Riverwalk, and a Spurs game. Wow.

Thu May 11, 08:33:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home