Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Race for the Cure



Well believe it or not, I spent my weekend in San Antonio!! Yup I stayed in town! LOL The bf and I decided to sign up for the annual Race for the Cure 5K that was taking place this past Saturday, we kept procrastinating the registration, but finally did it last Tuesday night. Saturday came and we were up at 6am (race started at 8am) but with an estimated 30,000 participants we knew parking at the alamo dome was going to be hectic, but we found parking from people who were "pimping out" their yard for $5 versus the "event" parking for $10. I must say this thing was HUGE!! There were tons of people and numerous booths with freebies, after making a few stops, grabbing some pre race fruit we were ready to run. The start of the run was not fun because of the massive of people, but the further we got, the better it got. The run pretty much went through downtown San Antonio, we even passed by the "Alamo" lol I knew we were in the vicinity, but the only "monument" i noticed was the mall adjacent to the Alamo, leave it to me!! Nearing the end of the race was an incline that just about killed me but around the corner was the finish line. We ended up finishing the race in about 26 minutes, so I was pleased.

4 Comments:

Blogger Will Shady said...

Wow. You go Steph. Much props to you. I always wanted to participate in one of those events. Maybe next year. ;) But anyways, I'm not sure if Jenn had her baby. The last time I talked with her, she said that there was a possibility she would have to have the baby that weekend. I haven't seen her online since so I'm assuming she did. I hope she's alright though. I'll probably call her tonight to see what's up.

Will

Tue Apr 04, 08:56:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey congrats on the race! I've participated every year since 2000 in the Plano Tx Race for the Cure. I haven't actually ran it, just walked. I haven't run that much since cross country/track in high school! But I'm slowly getting myself back in running shape. Maybe I'll run in the next one...

Tue Apr 04, 09:18:00 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

wow, good job!!!!!!! That's awesome.

Wed Apr 05, 03:30:00 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

I do the walk for Cancer...Linny does not run.

Sun Apr 09, 05:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home