Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Strawberries, Strawberries, Strawberries

This past weekend, Poteet, TX was having their annual Strawberry Festival, having nothing better to do, the bf and I decided to go check it out. I so did not expect that place to be as packed as it was but let me just say that people must love them some strawberries that or the beer! LOL Anyway it was just like a fair with the theme being, you guessed it strawberries, straberry wine, strawberry cheesecake, chocalate dipped strawberries, strawberry jam, not to forget strawberry shortcake, this was just a few of the things they had there. I of course had to have the mandatory fair funnel cake and it was so worth it!!! I have to say though that it was quite a "process" to get a beer, first off you have to buy tickets to purchase anything at this place, why you can't just use cash is beyond me, must be a Poteet thing and even before you get to the beer booth you have to get a beer wristband which is of course no where near the beer place, but in the end $3 beer wasn't too bad especially with the heat!! By the end of the day though, it was well worth the small trip down to Poteet, beer or no beer, errrr I mean strawberries!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Will Shady said...

Wow. A Stawberry Festival. That must be nice! You're getting me hungry. It's almost lunch time here. But man, Stawberry wine sounds delicious and so does everything else. I bet the beer tasted good too! I need beer bad!! err, I mean Stawberries. ;)

Will

Wed Apr 12, 10:35:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's usually how it goes at fairs and stuff around here too, you have to get either a wristband or tickets to buy any alcohol. weird, I know.

Man! I want some choco covered strawberries sooo bad!

Wed Apr 12, 08:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home