Thursday, November 30, 2006

The running bug

The weather has sure been odd lately! Here in SA, we've been experiencing higher than usual averages, on Thanksgiving it was almost (if not) 80 degrees!! But fastward to today, this morning when I started getting ready for work (at the ungodly hour of 5am) it was still 72 degrees, but by the time I was getting ready to leave for work, the lovely morning news crew informed me it was already down into the 40's and that we had already hit our high for the day. Basically it's all downhill from now on, we going to be in the 30's by lunch time! I usually don't mind this kind of weather, I mean I did grow up near the Colorado border, but my ass has been in South Texas far too long, because I'm freezing out here!! I'm scheduled to head back home to NM for Christmas and I just know I'm going to freeze my ass off there, I just heard they got snow yesterday and the high there for most of the week is going to be not even freezing!! But I digress....

In my last post I had just finished my first half marathon and from then on, I've been bitten by the running bug. I have a 10 mile race this Sunday even though the temp will only be in the 30's I'm still going to do it. I'm really hoping to get my 9 minute miles to around 8 minutes miles so my next half marathon time will be around 1:45:??. So at the gym I've been hitting the speed hard and keeping it there for the duration of my runs even my long runs so here's hoping to Sunday. The bf also wants to run the race, but it's been like pulling teeth to get that boy to the gym. He's been cramming his "training" into this past week and he still plans to do it, so go him! But you know I'll be pissed if he did all his training in one week AND he beats me to the finish line! He says his goal is only to keep up with me, but also notes that if his competitve side hits him, he'll try to beat me. I'll definately let you guys know the outcome!

With the run bug and whatnot I've been addicted to new blogs lately, more of the running, triatholon type of blogs and it just amazes me at what some people do, but yes I am stalking a LOT of blogs, so dont' fear if you have a million hits from San Antonio, TX! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home