Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Parenting 101

Well I guess you could say I'm picking up my "parenting" skills quite nicely. First off, I've had to completely rearrange my schedule. I used to get up come to work, go get lunch (if I didn't bring lunch from one, which only happened once in a blue moon) go to the gym ater work and then home to cook dinner. Now my schedule is more like get up an hour BEFORE I usually did, take the dog out, play with dog, get ready try to take Miles for a walk (he still getting used to the whole collar/leash thing) go to work, work, go back home for lunch to take the dog out, go back to work, work, go home again, take the dog out, play with dog for about an hour, head off to gym, workout, head home, cook dinner, and then devote evening to puppy. It's madness I tell you. The bf is helping he takes care of him when he gets home and I'm still at the gym, does any "night calls" and also devotes his evening to him. And so far it seems to be working out. I know this is all only temporary since he's still just a puppy being potty trained and getting used to his new digs. In the morning I don't even think twice about getting up when the alarm goes off or I hear him "howling" I just get up.

Then there are the other things. I'm always worried about Miles, is he okay, are the shots affecting him, is he sleeping or is something else wrong. My sisters always used to say that if I ever had kids I'd be the worried mother, one to intentionally wake up the baby to see if they were still okay and I must admit I'm guessing they were right. LOL I'm becoming that type of mother, yes I am but I could care less!

3 Comments:

Blogger Will Shady said...

Yup. It sounds like your sisters were right. It's funny how much your daily life has changed due to Milo. Haha.

Thu Sep 14, 03:21:00 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

Such a sweet little thing!!!

Sun Sep 17, 06:41:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is sooo cute! I want a beagle or a puggle (beagle pug mix) But as you've come to know, they take a lot of time as pups. With me working full time, being in school, and the bf traveling for work it just isn't the right time now. :( one day...have fun with little Miles!!

Wed Sep 20, 09:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home