Wednesday, August 23, 2006

But it's only 3lbs!!!

As some of you may know I've been in a weight loss phase for a while now, not really "dieting" more like making healthier changes for the long run. You know switching white rice for brown rice, white flour pasta for orgranic whole wheat pasta, etc. I've also cut out sugar from my diet, I still eat fruits which have sugar but nothing with sugar added. I only drink diet soda, unsweetened iced tea and water too. Anyway I've been quite successful in this process, I don't have the guts to put up a before picture and my current picture because this blog was never really centered around weightloss and I'm too ashamed for the world to see what I used to look like, let's just say I've lost more than 50lbs. Huge I know!

Lately I've been kinda slacking on my weightloss efforts. I could blame it on a number of things, the catered training that we've been having at work in which the donuts, muffins and catered pizza just call my name, but I think there's more to it.

Since we've moved into the new house and are cohabitating for the first time ever with no roommates, I'm finding I want to spend more time at home. Before when we didn't live together I was all about heading straight to the gym after work and then home and my dinner was usually a meal replacement shake and a side salad and I was fine with that. Now I feel more inclined to go home after work instead of devoting my time to the gym and I don't think the bf would be too happy with the thought of a protein shake and salad for dinner. I don't know if it's all psychological or what but I'm beginning to feel like a heffer!! LOL I've only gained a couple of pounds, but it's still 3 whole pounds and I'm scared that 3 will become 5 which will then become 10, and so on and so forth.

So as of today I'm going to become myself again per se and stop getting lunch out, start writing down everything that I eat and I'm not going to get that occasional bag of M&M's I've been getting for what seems like every afternoon at work! I will lose those 3 lbs and maybe even shoot for 7 more after that! Anyway I just had to post this out there so I'm accountable for it now!

1 Comments:

Blogger Will Shady said...

Dang. Maybe you should think about coverting one of your rooms into a home gym. That would make things easier I think. But then again, I don't know about that. Three lbs huh. I don't think it'll turn into that cuz I know you'll turn things around. Catered training does sound like a big temptation. I on the other hand have to just make those few tiny baby steps to get me going. Which is harder than climbing a steep snow covered hill.

Thu Sep 14, 03:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home